April Fool’s Day sometimes also called as All Fool’s Day is one of the most light and soft day of the year when people play practical jokes, pranks and spread false news with each other as a kind of joke. The victims of such type of jokes are called as the April Fools.
Historical Background of April Fool’s Day:
The exact historical origin of this day is still unidentified as some say that the day is related to seasonal celebration, while according to some believes the day began in France after New Year’s Day was changed from 1st April to 1st January in 1582. The People which did not believe this change of year were first time called April fools.
April fool’s Day is popularly celebrated in United States, Canada, Brazil, European countries and Australia.
April Fool’s Day is not celebrated as a public holiday in any of the country; infect the celebration of April Fool’s Day is discouraged and resisted in some countries because of spreading false rumors and speaking lies with each other.
It is also a fact that some people cross the limits and spread very shocking news with their friends like spreading the news of death of someone or giving false news of someone’s accident and these shocking news can result into some serious circumstances. Because of these types of harmful jokes the April fool’s Day is discouraged to celebrate among a larger group of people and mindsets.
Read Also: World Laughter Day
Top 10 Amazing Facts of April fool’s Day:
- April Fool’s Day is also known as All Fools’ Day and is celebrated on 1st April every year.
- Historically When New year’s Day was modified to 1st January within the sixteenth century in France some folks refused to simply accept the modification. They were typically stated as April fools.
- April Fools’ Day pranks and jokes are supposed to be harmless and funny.
- In 1698 an April Fools’ Day joke tricked several individuals to go to see lions being washed at the Tower Of London.
- In Poland, Denmark, Sweden, and Scandinavian nation the media can typically publish a story that’s false in honor of plant structure Fools’ Day.
- Italy, Belgium, France, and Quebec, Canada typically seek advice from April Fools’ Day as April Fish. Apart of this practice is to connect a paper fish to someone’s back as a joke, while not being noticed this is often stated as ‘Poisson d’Avril’.
- In Canada and in European nation April Fools’ jokes are solely speculated to be played till noon.
- In the 1950s the BBC ran a news story about a spaghetti harvest that took place in Switzerland. This prank is believed to be the best April Fools’ Day prank of all time, resulting in many requests for spaghetti trees by viewers.
- In the early 1960s there was only one television channel in Sweden, broadcast in black and white. As an April Fool’s joke, it was announced on the news that viewers could convert their existing sets to display color reception by pulling a nylon stocking over their screen.
- In 1934, many American newspapers, including The New York Times, printed a photograph of a man flying through the air, supported by a device powered only by the breath from his lungs. Accompanying articles excitedly described this miraculous new invention.
Should we Celebrate April Fool’s Day ?
The celebration of April fool’s Day is a debatable question. If we closely look into the ways of celebration the day we would figure out that this day is actually a lies day that encourage people to speak lies and spread false rumors/news to make the people fool. So in this manner the day is not encouraged to celebrate.
While from second point of view soft harmless jokes and pranks which do not include lies and humiliation acts can be permitted to some extent to make the things lighten-up. But still remember that the jokes beyond the limits and humiliation acts with your friends can cause break-ups and develop hateful feelings even with your loved ones.
So if you really want to celebrate the day then you should must go with softest possible jokes and pranks, and if you could not able to find such jokes and pranks then it’s better not to celebrate the day. After all it is not necessary for us to forcefully do some silly acts just for the sake of a “Fool’s Day”.
Read Also: International Day of Happiness
April Fool’s Day Memes – Wallpapers – Posters:
Thank you for your time to read the article on eventofday.com and if you find this article useful and interesting then don’t forget to share the post on stoical media with your friends and family and help us to spread the positive awareness in the society.