Find Human Rights Day 2021 Wishes, messages, and greeting for friends and relatives. Spread awareness about this big event.
Human Rights Day, held on the 10th of December every year. Human rights are each one of us, no matter who we are or where we were born, are eligible for the same rights and freedom. It is fundamental and not gran table or revocable; they are equal for every human being, and they are universal.
World Human Rights Day
May Human Rights Day is celebrated in your town or city? It is widely celebrated every year, under the pretext of ‘international day of non-discrimination’.
If you are among those who do not celebrate Human Rights Day, you are not alone. Many people around the world, regardless of their race and religion, believe that everyone has equal rights irrespective of color, nationality, and sex.
However, beneath these words of tolerance, lie some ugly realities that only come to light when a person is a victim of religious or ethnic discrimination.
It is a fact that the world has become a much smaller place. The leaders of many countries talk of peace and security, without mentioning the struggle of the people in other parts of the world, who for generations have suffered abuse at the hands of their rulers.
Today, the media portrays the rich and famous as being ‘rabble-rousers’, while highlighting the issues and problems facing the poorer sections of society. But who are those people? Those who suffer prejudice on a daily basis?
A Genuine believer in human rights
A true believer in human rights would not deny the basic rights of every individual. He or she would also not unjustly put anyone in jail merely because he or she did not abstain from voting or did not lend his or her vote to any candidate. Instead of focusing on personal flaws and shortcomings, the focus should be on human rights abuses committed by the government or ruling party in their respective countries. It should include those who have been affected by such violations of human rights, whether they are minorities or majorities.
Historical Background of Human Rights Day
The history of human rights is quite a long one. Throughout the centuries and across societies, religions, and cultures, world history has struggled, with defining notions of rightfulness, justice, and rights. On 10th December 1948, the UN General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
An international committee chaired by Eleanor Roosevelt laid down the basis for modern international human rights law. This declaration based on the principle that all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
Human Rights Day Activities
Following Human Rights day activities held in major cities of the world every year on 10th December:
- Arrangement of high-level political conferences, meetings, and cultural events/ exhibitions to address human rights issues.
- Award of Nobel Peace Prize held on the 10th of December.
- Award of Five-yearly United Nations prize in Human rights on the 10th of December.
- Many governments, private organizations, civil and social-cause institutions active in the human rights field also schedule special events to commemorate the day.
World Human Rights Day Theme
Yet, despite the lack of global interest and participation in human rights issues, there are several globally important events taking place this year. One of these is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, commonly referred to as the Declaration on the Prevention of State Promotion of Transitional Justice or APRJ. The Declaration was created by the United Nations Human Rights Commission and is aimed at promoting justice and human rights. Apart from the United States, other member states of the United Nations include Mexico, Switzerland, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Russia, Japan, France, and the United Kingdom. The theme of the declaration is “promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms for the entire world.”
- This year it will be the 71st anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This year they celebrated Human Rights Day with the theme “Stand Up For Human Rights”.
- Human Rights Day theme for 2016 was “stand up for someone’s rights today”.
- The theme for 2015 was “Our rights, our freedoms, Always”.
- The theme for 2014 was “Every day is Human rights Day”.
Human Rights Day Quotes 2021
- All human beings are free and equal in dignity and rights. It endows them with reason and conscience, and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- Education is a fundamental human right and essential for the exercise of all other human rights (UNESCO).
- Peace can only last in a world where we respect human rights. Where the people are free from tension, and where individuals and nations are freed.
- Life is not a matter of place, things, or comfort; rather it concerns the basic human rights of the family, country, justice, and human dignity.
I hope you liked my post about World Human Rights Day.