International Children’s Day is celebrated in many countries of the world but on different dates. Like International Children’s Day is celebrated on 1st of June whereas Universal Children’s day is celebrated on 20th November each year. Universal Children’s day was introduced by UN General Assembly in 1954.
Historical Background of Children’s Day
The idea to celebrate a Universal Children’s day was suggested by Mr. V.K Krishnan Menon and it adopted by the UN General Assembly. Later on in 1959 UN General Assembly launched a declaration for the fundamental Rights of the world’s children.
Both these children’s days were established to encourage all the countries to dedicate a specific day for the children’s. The main goals for Children’s day are:
- To promote mutual collaboration and understanding among children.
- To initiate actions for the benefits and welfare of the world’s children.
Children’s are like the beautiful flowers of this world garden, they are the beauty and innocence of the universe.
Heart Touching UNICEF Song, dedicated to Syria Children:
Top 20 interesting Facts and statistics about Children’s day:
- Universal Children’s day is the day to celebrate and promote the welfare and children rights around the world wide countries.
- Children’s day is also known as Children’s Rights Day or International Children’s Rights Day.
- In 1954 Universal Children’s day was established by the UN General Assembly.
- Universal Children’s day celebration idea was suggested by Mr. Krishna Menon.
- In 1959 UN General Assembly launched the declaration for protection of children rights.
- In 1989 UN General Assembly adopted the convention for Children’s rights.
- Children’s day is celebrate worldwide in different countries on different dates
- Children’s receive presents in some countries along with celebration events while in some countries this day is also celebrated as holiday from the school.
- According to a UNICEF study 22,000 Children die every day in the world as a result of poverty.
- According to a UNICEF study there are about 168 Million children in the world which are involved in the Child Labor.
- Every year there are about 34,000 Homicide deaths in the children under the age of 15 years.
- According to a study, 15 Million girls are married as children and denied their fundamental rights for Health, education and opportunity.
- According to a UNICEF study Millions of the children around the year become victims of untold violence.
- In another study it’s been reviled that 38% of the world children leave primary school learning without even learning how to read, write and do simple mathematical operations.
- The Gender GAP is closing in the youth in world literacy rate, the girls are almost closing up with the boys.
- According to the UN one in the nine of the world’s children live in a conflicted zone.
- The UNICEF has launched an appeal for around US $ 3 Billion to help the children rights worldwide.
- About 43 Million children around the world need help and attention, according to the United Nations organization.
- This day celebrations reminds us the necessity to take actions in favor of children’s welfare worldwide, irrespective of race, gender, religion or country of the children’s.
- Each year on 20th November UNICEF also holds events in different countries to draw people attention for children’s fundamental rights.