International Day of Happiness or World Happiness day is celebrated throughout the world on 20th March. The happiness day was originated by United Nations adviser Jayme Illien on 28th June 2012.
In 2013 the day was celebrated for the very first time in USA. Happiness Day is celebrated to spread the awareness about the importance of happiness in our lives and to remind the people across the globe to strive for happiness. The day is also run by Action for Happiness whose mission statement is: “I will try to create more happiness in the world around me.”
Furthermore the purpose behind the day is that a country’s progress should not be measured through economy growth only but it’s also be checked that how happy and content are the people living in the country.
What is Happiness?
Happiness is an emotion where a person has feelings of contentment and satisfaction. It’s a feeling of joy when we feel satisfied and fulfilled. Happiness is also termed as the harmony in our thoughts, actions and sayings.
International Day of Happiness Thoughts:
Life is too short to live with the feelings of sorrow and grief. Every passing moment is shortening our life and dragging us nearer to our ultimate destination called death. So why to spend the precious moments of life in the misery.
Happiness is not associated with the wealth or materialistic things, if it is so then all the wealthy persons of the world must be the happiest souls on the earth but it is not the case. In most of the cases the wealthy persons are suffering with depressions and other psychological problems.
The Happiness is actually the name of our feelings, we can keep ourselves happy in any circumstances by keep believing that even the toughest circumstances are temporary and there is always a bright sunny morning after the dark night, the sun rises and the darkness disappears.
Life lies in the present moments you are passing by, the past is already over and the future is not guaranteed to come. Forget the regrettable feelings and thoughts of the past and don’t be too much conscious about the future.
Try to spend the life in the present moment with positive attitude and rest assure that these well spent present moments will eventually make your past and future beautiful.
See also: World Laughter Day
International Day of Happiness Quotes:
- Joy is not in things….. It is in us…!
- Be Happy, Be Bright…. Be You…!
- Don’t let the silly little things to steel your happiness…!
- Don’t put the key to your happiness in someone else pocket.
- There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.
- Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you rather what’s happening inside you.
- Doing what you like is freedom and liking what you do is happiness.
- The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go.
- Happiness will never come to those who don’t appreciate what they already have.
- Happiness is a journey not a destination.
The ABC’s of Genuine Happiness:
See also National Hugging Day
International Day of Happiness Activities:
International Day of Happiness can be celebrated in many different ways like as follow:
- Spend time with your loved ones and feel the pleasure of love and affiliation with each other.
- Go out in the lush green areas and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Go out for a dinner with your friends and family.
- Play with your kids or children in the family and amuse with the innocence of kids.
- Exchange gifts, greeting cards with your loved ones.
- Be humble what you have and try to eliminate/minimize the feelings of greed in your thoughts.
- Visit to someone sick in the hospital to realize the importance of health in our life.
- Share the feelings of happiness with the people living around you by helping them through any means.
- Think positive and remove negative thoughts causing unnecessary worries in life.
- Organize an event in your community to celebrate the day and ask the people to share the happy moments of life.
International Day of Happiness Posters – Wallpapers:
Thanks for your time to read about International Day of Happiness on eventofday.com