Every year, Teacher’s Day is celebrated in India on 5th September. The birthday of the second President of India, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, is celebrated as Teacher’s Day.
The celebrations of Teachers’ Day in school is definitely one of the best memories for many of us. The countdown for the Teachers’ Day has begun and students are all geared up with a lot of vigor and vibrancy.
Incredible suggestions for honoring Teachers’ Day
Discover fantastic ideas for commemorating Teachers’ Day 2023 at your school. These distinctive school activities for Teachers’ Day are sure to be enjoyed by your educators.
- You have the opportunity to make a video compilation for teachers, expressing gratitude for the memorable moments they have provided.
- Organizing a dance performance for your teachers can be a great way to boost their mood. To make it even more entertaining, incorporate catchphrases frequently used by your teachers during class.
- Plan and arrange various games for teachers to participate in. Utilize technology to provide online gaming options or develop games specifically for classroom use.
Who was Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan?
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born on 5 September 1888 in a poor family in Tirutani village of Tamil Nadu. Despite being financially weak, he was very interested in studies. He had his early education at Gaudi School and Tirupati Mission School in Tiruvallur. Then he completed his studies from Madras Christian College.
In 1916, he completed his MA in Philosophy, and took the post of Assistant Professor of the same subject in Madras Residency College. At the age of 16, she was married to Sivakamu in 1903. In 1954, he was awarded the Bharat Samman for his outstanding contribution to education and politics.
Teacher’s Day History
Once, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s friends wanted to celebrate his birthday on 5th September with full enthusiasm. When he came to know about this, he stopped doing so and said that do not celebrate my birthday but respect the teachers. Since then, the celebration of Teacher’s Day started on 5th September.
Importance of Education
Education is most important to be successful in life. Teachers play the most important role in shaping and shaping the future of the country and the lives of the youth. Gurus have been a big contribution in our lives since ancient times. We can reach the pinnacle of success only with the knowledge and guidance received from the Gurus.
How Teacher’s Day is celebrated in India
On this day, there many types of cultural activities held in schools and colleges, in which both students and teachers participate.
On this day, as a sweet gesture of respect and love, students extend gifts to their teachers. They convey the importance of their mentors in life with words and speeches and with enactments.
Teacher’s Day is also celebrated in these countries
It is worth noting that in countries like America, China, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Brazil, Pakistan, Albania, Teacher’s Day is celebrated. Teacher’s Day is celebrated every year in Pakistan on 5 October. At the same time, Teacher’s Day is celebrated on May 6 in America. Teacher’s Day is celebrated in China on 10 September. Teacher’s Day is celebrated every year in Brazil on 15 October. Whereas, in Australia, Teacher’s Day is celebrated every year in the last week of October.
Teachers Day 2023 Status
- “Being a teacher is the highest privilege, having one is the best blessing. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
- A teacher is someone who gives you a place to stand and a hand to help you find your way.
- The teacher knows when to push and when to let students figure it out for themselves.
- “Though you wrote in black and white, you bought color in my life. Happy Teacher’s Day!”
- You have pure love for teaching, and I have entire love for learning. Happy Teacher’s Day!
Teachers Day Wishes
- Thanks for being an excellent educator and a friend simultaneously. Happy Teachers’ Day.
- You are not just a teacher to me, you are also an inspiration. Lucky to have you as a guide. Happy Teachers’ Day.
- The way you teach,
The knowledge you share,
The care you take,
The love you shower,
The world’s best teacher,
Happy Teacher’s Day.
- No one works as hard as a teacher, yet teaching is one of the most under-appreciated jobs in the world. Happy teachers day 2023.
- Happy teachers day to all the country makers in the world. Without all of you, this world would be quite a gloomy place to live.
Teachers Day Images
- The very first Teachers’ Day was celebrated in 1962. This was the year when President Radhakrishnan assumed his office.
- Through Teachers’ Day, Radhakrishnan’s vision was to pay tributes to the greatest teachers of India and Bangladesh.
Objectives of Celebrating Teacher’s Day
There are many celebrations throughout the year, each with a specific reason to be celebrated on a specific day.
Teachers’ Day in India commemorates the greatest teacher of such a great country, Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, celebrate. By celebrating such an auspicious occasion, we pay tribute to his contribution to making India an educated nation. By celebrating Teacher’s Day, we teach children why it’s important to respect teachers.
Another goal of celebrating such a worthy day is that on Teacher’s Day we have the opportunity to thank our teachers and tell them how successful we are because they work so hard to bring us real people closer.
Teacher’s Day in Other Countries
Teacher’s Day is such an auspicious event that is celebrated in almost every country in the world. It shows that the teachers are respected in the world, irrespective of the regional boundaries. The dates of celebrating the occasion may differ from nation to nation. As we have read that Teacher’s Day in India is celebrated on 5 September annually. The date of the celebration of this event in some other countries is as follows:
- United States – First week of May
- United Arab Emirates, Japan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka – 5 October
- Columbia, Mexico – 15 May
- China – 10 September
- Poland – 14 October
- Yemen – 28 February
- Syria – 18 March
- Indonesia – 25 November
- Pakistan – 5 October
I hope you liked my post on Teacher’s Day History, Significance, Images and Wishes. You can share this articles with your friends.