George Washington’s Birthday is celebrated on 3rd Monday in February. Washington’s Birthday is a federal holiday in the United States of America. The purpose of the day is to honor George Washington, the first president of America who born on 22nd February 1732. Washington’s Birthday holiday is now also widely known as President’s day.
George Washington’s Birthday – 3rd Monday, February
George Washington has the distinction of becoming the first President of America. He served as the first president of America, the world’s most powerful nation, for about 8 years from 1789 to 1797.
Sir Washington is also called “Father of America” and the Father of America. He played an important role in getting America independence from the British Raj and in the American Revolution (1775 – 1783).
Biography of George Washington
- Full name: George washington
- Birthday: February 22, 1732, Virginia, United States
- Mother Name: Mary Ball Washington
- Father Name: Augustine Washington
- Wife Name: Martha Dandridge Custis Washington
- Famous For: First President of America (1789–1797)
- Died: 14 December 1799
George Washington Inspiration Quotes
“The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon.”
“Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.”
“It is well. I die-hard but am not afraid to go”
“Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.”
“Life is always uncertain, and common prudence dictates to every man the necessity of settling his temporal concerns, while it is in his power, and while the mind is calm and undisturbed.”
“It is infinitely better to have a few good men than many indifferent ones.”
“Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well-tried before you give them your confidence.
True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to appellation.”
“I walk on untrodden ground. There is scarcely any part of my conduct which may not hereafter be drawn into precedent.”
“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.”
“My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth.”
“Nothing can be more hurtful to the service, than the neglect of discipline; for that d » George Washington
Human happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.”
Important and interesting facts related to George Washington
- The most interesting fact about George Washington is that he never went to college, but served him in the British Army, and fought against France as a British soldier, although he was defeated in this battle, After which there was a long war with France.
- George Washington was the first US President to lead the British Army.
- The most interesting thing about him is that he refused to take his 25 thousand dollars a year salary.
- George Washington was the only President of the United States who was unanimously elected to the post of President, who played an important role in bringing America independence from British rule.
- He was very fond of writing letters to America’s revolutionary. He wrote about 18 to 20 thousand letters in his lifetime.
- The current capital of America, “Washington D.C.”, was named after George Washington, but he could never live here as president. Indeed, New York City was the capital of America in his time.
George Washington’s Birthday Marathon 2020
George Washington’s Birthday Marathon & Marathon Relay Full details
- Sunday, 16 February 2020 from 10:00-16:30 EST
- Greenbelt Youth Center99 Centerway; Greenbelt, Maryland, Greenbelt, Maryland 20770
Source Page: Facebook
I hope you liked my article about George Washington’s Birthday Quotes, Wishes and Interesting Facts (2020). Please do share this article on social networking websites.
Also Check More about: Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday in January