World Earth Day or International Mother Earth Day is observed on 22nd April every year.
The purpose of the world earth day is to remind all of us that earth and its ecosystems play a very vital and fundamental role to support lives of all human beings and all living species in the world.
Earth is a source of substance for all human beings and living species on the earth. We have to take care of our beautiful earth. Taking care of earth means we are taking care of our lives.
Historical Background of World Earth Day
UN-designated 22nd April for the observance of World Earth Day through a resolution A/RES/63/278 on April 2009.
UN invited member states to develop awareness about the importance of this day as appropriate in their context.
World Earth Day-Top Best Inspirational World Earth Day Quotes:
- “We have met the enemy and he is us.”– Walt Kelly
- “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”– Native American Proverb
- “The wealth of the nation is its air, water, soil, forests, minerals, rivers, lakes, oceans, scenic beauty, wildlife habitats and biodiversity… that’s all there is. That is the whole economy. That’s where all the economic activity and jobs come from. These biological systems are the sustaining wealth of the world”.– Gaylord Nelson
- “The earth is what we all have in common.”– Wendell Berry
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.”—Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Earth allows you to stand, Let the earth stand the way it is.”
World Earth Day-Top Best World Earth Day Slogans:
- Make every day the earth day.
- Green Revolution is the best solution to arrest the pollution.
- Keep the Earth Clean.
- Save Ozone Save Earth.
- Plant a Tree Save Earth.
- Clean it, Green it, Mean it.
- Live life cleaner Make earth Greener.
- Heal the Earth Heal our future.
- Clean and Green is our perfect Dream.
- Nurture Nature for our future.
- Happy Earth Day.
See Also: World Water Day
World Earth Day-Earth Day Poem-Song:
Earth Day By Jane Yolen
I am the earth
and the earth is me
Each blade of grass, each honey tree,
Each bit of mud, And stick and stone
Is blood and muscle, skin and bone
And just as I need every bit of me to make my body fit,
So earth needs, grass and stones and tree and things that naturally grow here.
That’s why we celebrate this day
That’s why across the world we say:
As long as life
As dear, As free
I am the earth and the earth is me.
World Earth Day-Earth Day Posters:
World Earth Day-Earth Facts:
- Eath is the third planet from the sun.
- The earth is the only known planet that supports life.
- The earth has a very powerful magnetic field.
- The distance from the sun to the earth is called 1 AU or one Astronomical Unit. One Astronomical Unit is equal to 150 million Kilo Meters ( 1 AU = 150 KMS)
- Earth is old.As per researches on oldest rocks and meteorites, Earth is about 4.54 billion years old.
- The waistline circumference of the earth at the equator is 40075 Km.
- The equatorial diameter of the earth is 12,756 km.
- The polar diameter of the earth is 12714 km.
- The earth is moving around the sun at 67000 miles per hour.
- The coldest place on the earth is found in Antarctica where the temperature can drop below minus 100 F degree (minus 73-degree Celsius).
- The surface temperature of the earth varies from -88 to 58-degree Celsius.
- Antarctica is the extreme earth continent, it contains about 70% of the earth fresh water and 90% of it in the form of ice.
- The hottest earth spot is in Libia Al- Azizia where the temperature record on weather stations raised to 57.8 degree Celsius on Sep 13, 1922.
- Mount Everest is the highest point on earth. Its height is 8.8 km.
- There is a tie for the earth tallest mountain, Mount Everest or Mauna Kea. The hight of Mount Everest above sea level is 8,848 meters whereas the height of Mauna Kea above sea level is 4,170 meters.But when the length of Mauna Kea is measured from the base, it takes the prize, it is 17,170 meters.
World Earth Day-Earth Continents:
The earth contains 7 continents; Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, Europe, South America, North America.
The largest to smallest Earth continent order with respect to the area is given as below.
1. Asia occupying about 29.32% of land mass.
2. Africa occupying about 20.32% of land mass.
3. North America occupying about 16.39% of land mass.
4. South America occupying about 11.94% of land mass.
5. Antarctica occupying about 9.19% of land mass.
6. Europe occupying about 6.82% of land mass.
7. Australia occupying about 6.03% of land mass.
World Earth Day-Earth Layers:
The earth has 4 main layers.
1. Inner Core Layer.
2. Outer Core Layer.
3. Mantle Layer.
4. Crust Layer.
Inner Core Layer:
Mostly iron. Solid and having extreme pressure. The temperature of the layer up to 7000 C and thickness about 1200 Km.
Outer Core Layer:
Contains molten iron and nickel. The temperature of the layer up to 4000 to 6000 C. Thickness about 2300 Km.
Contains partially molten rock. Temperate of layer 500 to 2000 C. the thickness of the layer is about 2900 km. the top part of the mantle is the source of magma that erupts onto the surface of the earth.
Crust or Lithosphere:
The crust includes the land-forms rock and soil.it is mostly solid rock. The thickness of the layer varies, it is up to 5 Km under the ocean and up to 70 Km under the mountain range.
How to Celebrate World Earth Day-Earth Day Activities?
- Plant a Tree.
- Volunteer to a park or community garden.
- Recycle the trash.
- Go to Hicking.
- Make your kids aware of the earth day and importance of earth, eco-system in our daily lives.
- Arrange an awareness walk.
- Visit a wildlife – Zoo and show your love and affection for beautiful animals.
- Learn about the ecosystem and identify your role how to make ecosystem green and clean.
- Visit the backward areas in the vicinity along with your Team, make the community aware and present and encourage them to deploy the eco-friendly systems. Effective Recycling, Reuse, Replenish, Reduce…etc.
All living species including all human beings of the world are the stakeholders of the earth. Earth is common for all.We all are responsible for the protection of our beautiful planet and keep our earth healthy and clean.
Environment pollution, De-forestation, Global warming are some of the major challenges to the health of our earth and ecosystem.
In the event of Earth Day let us make commitments with ourselves to play an active role to control environmental pollution, stop de-forestation, control global warming at all individual, local, regional, national and world level.
Let us spare some time to spread words of awareness among our families, colleagues, community through the help of social media.
Happy Awareness About World Earth Day on Event of Day.