World Laughter Day
World Laughter Day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday of May.
It is said that “Laughter is the best medicine”. It strengthens your immune system, boosts your mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress.
In today’s world in spite of having so many facilities and life is getting complex day by day. People are too busy that sometimes they don’t have time even for themselves.
The importance of World Laughter Day has been amplified in today’s era. It’s an effort to spread awareness among the people to forget their worries and spend life more lightly.
Nothing is permanent in the world, sooner or later everything has an end so how long our worries can live… be happy and laugh out loudly.
The first celebration was on May 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India, and was arranged by Dr Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement. Later on, world laughter day started to celebrate worldwide.
World Laughter Day Quotes
- “We All laugh in the same language”
- “A day without laughter is a day wasted”
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live”
- “You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing”
- “Don’t laugh because we’re happy. We are happy because we laugh”
- “Laughter is an instant vacation”
- “A good laugh recharges your battery”
- “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy”
Ideas to Celebrate World Laughter Day
You can celebrate the laughter in different ways like:
Going outside with family or friends to watch a comedy movie
- Sitting together with your loved ones and sharing some jokes to laugh
- Sharing some interesting and enjoyable incidents happened with you in the past
- Sitting together and watching funny clips over the internet
On this day you can go to Laughter Club, sit together with friends, and laugh. For laughing, You can also watch funny movies on Netflix with your friends, or listen to famous comedians.
You can post funny jokes on social media sites like Facebook and WhatsApp. Share laughing quotes on social media, using #WorldLaughterDay hashtag.
Top 10 Reasons why should we laugh and smile
- Laughter reduces depression
- Laughing is such medicine which relieves the pain
- Laughter is a sorting exercise for facial muscles
- Laughing during the mental stress fell you relax and reduces stress level
- Laughter promotes communication and fills the gaps
- Laughter is free of cost medicine
- Soft Smile on the face increases face beauty
- Smile is a gesture of friendship and openness
- Smile heals your inner worries
- Smiles and laughter spread positivist
Health benefits of Laughter
- laughing Relaxes your whole body.
- Every day laughing Boosts your immune system.
- Activate and relieve your stress response.
- Improve your sense of humor
- Protects the heart.
- Increase personal satisfaction.
- May even help you to live longer.
Laughter is also a social mechanism, by which we make friends and connect with others. So Guys, forget your worries and start smiling today. If you like World Laughter Day Quote and wishes, please share it with your friends.