World Sleep Day is a yearly occasion, whose primary focus is to make people aware of problems associated with sleep. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Board (founded by WASM and also WSF) and also aims to decrease the problem of Sleep. Sleep disorders are harmful to the human body, we celebrate this day just to spread awareness about this matter.
Also Check: World AIDS Day Wishes
World Sleep Day
World Sleep Day is celebrated on 15 March every year around the world. The theme of World Sleep Day this year is ‘Healthy Sleep and Healthy Aging’. The purpose of celebrating World Sleep Day is to make people aware of the benefits to health from sleeping for 7-8 hours.
In today’s life, sleep is getting lost, which is directly affecting our health. Therefore, World Sleep Day is celebrated every year on 15 March, so that everyone should know the importance of proper 8 hours of sleep.
In this world, many people think sleep is not as important for our body, as important as eating and exercising. To protect them from sleep problems, we celebrate this day. Everyone should remember, Good sleep means better health.
World Sleep Day 2024 Theme
WSS (World Sleep Society) will celebrate this day on Friday, March 19, 2021. This year theme would be “sleep and raise awareness of sleep-related health issue”
World Sleep Day 2024 Wishes
Sleep is a chain that connects health and our bodies together.
Sleep is very important for us. We should take 8 hours of sleep every day. It makes our body relaxed and healthy.
Changing turns at night, just smiling a little, is a sign of a pleasant dream.
For better sleep always do 1-hour exercise or Yoga. Always try to make your mind fresh for better sleep.
Why Good Sleep is Necessary
1. If you want to avoid obesity, get better sleep, yes… If you do not sleep well or you do not sleep well, then you can become obese. So have a good sleep.
2. Do not sleep immediately after eating, it is right that one should never sleep immediately after eating. It is said that sleeping immediately after meals increase blood sugar and insulin. And this is also a reason for increasing obesity.
3. Sleeplessness is a problem. If you do not sleep well. For example, you sleep long after lying down. An Eye opens again and again at night. If you do not feel sleepy, do not take it lightly … Talk to the doctor about this. Incomplete sleep can lead to many diseases.
4. Have at least 6-8 hours of sleep a day. When sleep is not complete, it directly affects our brain.
5. Research has also revealed that if women do not sleep well then the risk of breast cancer also increases.
How to get better Sleep
1. Never Sleep empty Stomach: There is thought of many people that not eating at night will reduce some weight, but it is not right. Never sleep on an empty stomach. You cannot sleep because of sleeping on an empty stomach, and lack of sleep can increase your obesity.
2. Do not sleep immediately after eating, keep some gaps while eating and sleeping. Eating food immediately after sleeping increases blood sugar and insulin, due to which weight gain can occur. Drinking a cup of herbal tea daily at night will help to reduce belly fat.
3. In today’s changing lifestyle, most people have problems with sleep. This problem of sleeplessness is called Insomnia. This is usually because of lifestyle changes. It is of two types – transient and chronic. The major reason for this is tension, change in environment, change in hormones.
Risk Factors and Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Your Body
When you don’t get enough sleep, it can make your body feel bad and cause problems. There are things that can make it more likely for you to not get enough sleep.
- Not getting enough sleep can make us sick with things like being very worried, heart problems, and even diseases like diabetes.
- When people don’t get enough sleep, they might not feel like having sex as much.
- When you don’t get enough sleep, your skin might look puffy and dull, and you might have wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes. If you don’t get enough sleep for a long time, it can make your skin look even worse.
Check out some TIPS for better sleep
- Before sleeping, turn off electronic devices such as TV and cell phone. Watching TV before bed can condition the brain to stay awake.
- If you are very anxious or thinking about many things take a paper and write about your thoughts before going to bed.
- Always practice a “ritual” before bed, ex; take a hot shower, brush your teeth, wear pajamas. This will already prepare you “mentally” for sleep.
- Do not sleep on an empty stomach.
- Always try to have a certain time to go to bed.
- At night, choose light snacks like yogurt or popcorn. Avoid heavy carbohydrates.
Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.
A man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
Sleep is the best meditation. Dalai Lama.
Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep.
A well-spent day brings happy sleep. Leonardo da Vinci.
The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep. E. Joseph Cossman.
It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a nap. Carrie Snow.