World Sleep Day is a yearly occasion, whose main focus is to make people aware of problems associated with sleep. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Board (founded by WASM and also WSF) and also aims to decrease the problem of Sleep. Sleep disorders are harmful to the human body, just to spread awareness about this matter, we celebrate this day.
Also Check: World AIDS Day – 1st December
World Sleep Day
World Sleep Day is celebrated on 15 March every year around the world. The theme of World Sleep Day this year is ‘Healthy Sleep and Healthy Aging’. The purpose of celebrating World Sleep Day is to make people aware of the benefits to health from sleeping for 7-8 hours.
In today’s life, sleep is getting lost, which is directly impacting our health. This is why World Sleep Day is celebrated every year on 15 March so that everyone should know the importance of proper 8 hours of sleep.
In this world, many people think sleep is not important for our body, as important as eating and exercising. To protect them from sleep problem we celebrate this day. Everyone should remember, Good sleep means better health.
World Sleep Day 2020 Theme
It will be celebrated on March 13, 2020, with the slogan “Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet.”
World Sleep Day Quotes and Wishes
- The worst point worldwide is to try to rest and also not to. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Not being able to sleep is awful. You have the suffering of having partied all evening without the complete satisfaction. Lynn Johnston
- There is a time for lots of words, and there is additionally a time for rest. Homer
- The minute anyone s getting nervous I state, You have to consume and you must rest. They re the two crucial components for a healthy life. Francesca Annis
- He d make a fortune if a man had as lots of concepts throughout the day as he does when he has insomnia. Griff Niblack
- When I sleep, the only time I have issues is. Tupac Shakur.
- The last haven of the insomniac is a feeling of superiority to the resting world. Leonard Cohen
- Get up and also do something rather of existing there fretting if you can t rest. It s the concern that gets you, not the lack of rest. Dale Carnegie.
Why Good Sleep is Necessary
1. If you want to avoid obesity, get better sleep, yes… If you do not sleep well or you do not sleep well then you can become obese. So have a good sleep.
2. Do not sleep immediately after eating, it is right that one should never sleep immediately after eating. It is said that sleeping immediately after meals increase blood sugar and insulin. And this is also a reason for increasing obesity.
3. Sleeplessness is a problem. If you do not sleep well. For example, you sleep very long after lying down. An Eye opens again and again at night, if you do not feel sleepy, do not take it lightly … Talk to the doctor about this. Incomplete sleep can lead to many diseases.
4. Have at least 6-8 hours of sleep a day. When sleep is not complete, it directly affects our brain.
5. Research has also revealed that if women do not sleep well then the risk of breast cancer also increases.
How to get better Sleep
1. Never Sleep empty Stomach: There is thought of many people that not eating at night will reduce some weight, but it is not right. Never sleep empty stomach. You will not be able to sleep due to sleeping on an empty stomach and lack of sleep can increase your obesity.
2. Do not sleep immediately after eating, keep some gaps while eating and sleeping. Eating food immediately after sleeping increases blood sugar and insulin, due to which weight gain can occur. Drinking a cup of herbal tea daily at night will help to reduce belly fat.
3. In today’s changing lifestyle, most people have problems with sleep. This problem of sleeplessness is called Insomnia. This is usually due to lifestyle changes. It is of two types – transient and chronic. The main reason for this is tension, change in environment, change in hormones.
“Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” — Thomas Dekker
“Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” — Mahatma Gandhi
“Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
“Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep.” — Mesut Barazany
“A well spent day brings happy sleep.” — Leonardo da Vinci
“The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” — E. Joseph Cossman
“It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” — John Steinbeck
“No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a nap.” — Carrie Snow