India is a land of festivals. Every month some festival is celebrated here. Many important fasts and festivals will come in the month of September. Aja Ekadashi fast will be observed in the beginning of this month. Religiously, this Ekadashi fast is important. Along with this, Hartalika Teej festival will be celebrated in the month of September itself. This is an important festival of married women.
Ganesh Chaturthi will come this month. This festival is celebrated all over India. Shradh Paksha is also starting in this month. The period of Shradh is considered important for the offering of ancestors. At the same time Vishwakarma Jayanti will also be celebrated in the month of September. Lord Vishwakarma has an important place in Sanatan Dharma. Major fasting festivals like Paryushan, Bhadrapada Amavasya, Bhadrapada Purnima, Parivartini Ekadashi, Kanya Sankranti, Anant Chaturdashi will come in the month of September. Let us know the major fasting festivals of the month of September and their dates, see the list.
India festivals of the month of September 2022
- Hartalika Tee j- This festival will be celebrated on the third day of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada. This year this fast will be kept on 30th August. On Hartalika Teej, married women offer special worship to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- Ganesh Chaturthi:– The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi will be celebrated on Wednesday, 31 August. The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated all over India. This festival is celebrated with great pomp in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Rishi Panchami – Rishi Panchami fast is observed every year on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Bhadrapada. According to religious beliefs, this fast is considered important to protect women from unintentional religious mistakes and vices that occur during menstruation.One should listen or read the fasting story on this holy day. It is said that this festival is celebrated two days after Hartalika Teej and one day after Ganesh Chaturthi. This time it will be celebrated on Thursday, 1 September.
- Radha Ashtami – Lord Krishna’s beloved Radha Rani was born on the Ashtami date of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada month, hence this day is known as Radha Ashtami. In Jagran Spirituality we know about the importance of fasting and Muhurta of Radha Ashtami. This year Radha Ashtami is on Sunday, 4 September.
- Parivartini Ekadashi- The Ekadashi date of Shukla Paksha of the month of Bhadrapad is called Parivartini Ekadashi. According to the calendar, 06 September 2022
is Parivartini Ekadashi.
- Kanya Sankranti- When the Sun enters from one zodiac to another, then this process is called Sankranti. According to the almanac, the Sun will move out of Leo and transit in Virgo. Kanya Sankranti is on September 17, Saturday. The special significance of bathing and donation in the holy river has been told on this day.
September 2022 Important Days in India
Apart from festivals, many other events will also be celebrated in the month of September, including
- Teacher’s Day (Birthday of Dr. Radhakrishnan) on 5th September (Monday).
- Forgiveness Day.
- World Literacy Day on 8th September (Thursday).
- 14th-September (Wednesday) Hindi Day.
- World First Air Day.
- Engineer’s Day on 15-September (Thursday).
- World Ozone Day on 16-September (Friday).
- Vishwakarma Jayanti: Saturday, 17 September
- Alzheimer’s Day on 21-September (Wednesday).
- International Day of Peace, 25-September (Sunday).
- Social Justice Day will be observed on 26-September (Monday) as Day of the Deaf.
- 27-September (Tuesday) as World Tourism Day.
September 2022 Vrat
September 01. Thursday – Rishi Panchami fast.
02 Sept. Friday – Surya Shashthi fasting. Lolark Sixth.
03 Sept. Saturday – Muktabharan Saptami fasting.
04 Sept. Sunday – Shri Durgashtami Vrat. Shri Radhashtami.
06 September. Tuesday – Jal Jhulni Ekadashi fast smart.
07 September. Wednesday – Vaishnav Jal Jhulni Ekadashi fast.
08 September Thursday – Pradosh fast.
09 September. Friday – Anant Chaturdashi fast.
10 September. Saturday – Mahalaya Shraddharambh.
11 September. Sunday – Krishna Paksha begins in the month of Ashwin. The second shraddha.
12 September. Monday – Tritiya Shradh.
13 September. Tuesday – Chaturthi Shradh. Sankashti Shri Ganesh Chaturthi Vrat.
14 September. Wednesday – Panchami Shradh.
15 September Thursday – Chandra Shashthi fast.
17 September. Saturday – Shri Mahalakshmi Vrat. Kalashtami. Saptami Shraddha
18 September. Sunday – Jivitputrika (Jeutiya) fast. Ashtami Shradh.
19 September. Monday – Mother’s Day. Navami Shradh.
20 September. Tuesday – Dashami Shradh.
21 September. Wednesday- Indira Ekadashi fasting for all. Ekadashi Shradh.
September 22. Thursday – Dwadashi Shradh.
23 September. Friday – Pradosh fast. Trayodashi Shradh.
24 September. Saturday – Chaturdashi Shradh.
25 September. Sunday – Amavasya of bathing, charity and shraddha. Amavasya Shraddha. Pitra Visarjan.
26 September. Monday – Shardiya Navratra begins. urn installation.
29 September Thursday – Vainayaki Shri Ganesh Chaturthi fast.
30 September. Friday – Upang Lalita Panchami fasting.